Careers: Systems/Software Engineer
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (Canadian Centre) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
The Canadian Centre operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
The Canadian Centre is seeking a responsible, dedicated individual to join our team as a Systems/Software Engineer.
The systems/software engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the in-house software applications run by the Canadian Centre. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology that has a significant impact on the lives of children. In addition to your background in software development, you possess experience within the DevOps/System administration realm.
- University degree/Technical diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in related field
- You have development experience in one or many languages
- You strive for productivity and quality through automation
- You learn and adopt new methods and technologies independently
- You have experience with relational and non-relational databases
- You have used a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Experience administering Linux
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and staying ahead of the curve
Interested in applying for this position?
Email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with the Canadian Centre for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.