Careers: Human Resources Generalist
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (Canadian Centre) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
The Canadian Centre operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
You are a dynamic HR professional with a motivating, positive attitude combined with a strategic mindset, comprehensive labour relations knowledge and passion to work in the charitable sector. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the development, management, and execution of organizational human resources policies, procedures, and practices. The incumbent provides expertise to the organization regarding trends, legislation, laws, and general human resources best practices.
- Guide the development, improvement, and execution of Human Resource policies and procedures related to: recruitment, selection, performance management, employee relations, health and safety, and training
- Provide competitive market research to help establish pay practices that help to recruit and retain superior staff
- Assist with the development and facilitation of an employee training system that addresses training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation, management development, and cross-training
- Manage the recruitment process, from creating job postings, sourcing and screening candidates, participating in interviews, checking references, verifying background checks, and preparing offer letters for successful candidates
- Assist management in establishing project parameters and deadlines and support senior staff in ongoing resource management efforts
- Ensure organizational compliance to legislation and internal policies
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation
- Demonstrated understanding and familiarity with Manitoba labour regulations and standards
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in charitable sector (an asset)
- Fluent French/English (an asset)
Interested in applying for this position?
Email your resume to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com by July 31st, 2020.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with the Canadian Centre for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.