Careers: Site Reliability Engineer
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (Canadian Centre) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
The Canadian Centre operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
The Canadian Centre for Child protection is seeking a responsible, dedicated individual to join our team as a Site Reliability Engineer.
At the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, we develop cutting edge child protection systems in an on premises + cloud infrastructure involving image processing, computer vision and a “pile of data”. As the Site Reliability Engineer, you will be joining a close knit team of technologists dedicating your skills to an incredibly important cause. You are responsible for the reliability, availability and performance of existing systems as well as creating and improving upon deployment pipelines. For an example of one of our core projects, please see Project Arachnid.
Skills & Requirements:
- University degree / Technical diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in related field
- Automating, orchestrating and administering Linux based environments
- DevOps + System Administration
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Experience with distributed storage technologies
- Experience with continuous integration, automated testing, deployment
- Experience with automation / configuration management
- IT infrastructure instrumentation + monitoring
- Experience in languages such as bash, python, and perl
- Passion for learning new technologies and staying ahead of the curve
- You strive for productivity and quality through automation
- You learn and adopt new methods and technologies independently
- You have experience with relational and non-relational databases
- You have used a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- You have strong communication skills and work well in a team
Interested in applying for this position?
Email your resume to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with the Canadian Centre for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.