Careers: Senior Systems/Software Engineer
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
C3P operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
C3P is seeking a responsible, dedicated individual to join our team as a Senior Systems/Software Engineer.
The Senior Systems/Software Engineer is a senior level position, responsible for the creation and maintenance of the in‑house software applications run by C3P in addition to ensuring the development process stays in line with current best practices. Responsibilities also include providing support and mentoring to other developer team members. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology that has a significant impact on the safety and wellbeing of children.
- University degree/Technical diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in related field
- Prior experience as team lead or management experience
- Experience within the DevOps/System administration realm
- Development experience in one or many languages
- Achievement of productivity and quality through automation
- Adopting new methods and technologies independently
- Experience with relational and non‑relational databases
- Experience with a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with automation/configuration management
- Experience administering Linux
- Passion for learning new technologies and staying ahead of the curve
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Interested in applying for this position?
Please email your resume to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com by December 3rd, 2021.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with C3P for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.