Careers: Child Protection Analyst — Cybertip.ca
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
C3P operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
Looking for a job that makes a positive impact for children worldwide? The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is a national charitable organization dedicated to the personal safety of all children. We own and operate Canada's national tipline to report the online sexual exploitation of children — Cybertip.ca — and are currently looking for a responsible, dedicated individual to join our team as a full time Child Protection Analyst.
Our Child Protection Analysts accept and address both online and telephone reports from the public regarding online sexual exploitation. As one of Cybertip.ca's Child Protection Analysts, you would be responsible for reviewing, prioritizing and conducting Internet-based research on the reports and tips submitted by the public. After thorough analysis, you would then forward those involving a potentially illegal incident to police in the appropriate jurisdiction and/or to child welfare where a child was in need of protection.
Additionally, analysts are involved in the reduction of the global availability of child sexual abuse material on the Internet through their work in Project Arachnid. The assessments made by analysts contribute directly to the removal of this harmful material.
Analysts are also responsible for responding to requests from the public for educational information and other resources to help Canadians keep themselves and their families’ safe while using the Internet.
- Possess a post-secondary degree or diploma in relevant field (social work, criminology, justice or another social science)
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience (familiarity with criminal justice and child welfare systems would be considered an asset)
- Computer skills, including but not limited to, a comprehension of file sharing, newsgroups, IRC and web-based chat, email, and the World-Wide Web
- Familiarity with Internet tools such as search engines, DNS lookups, WHOIS, Trace routes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work with sensitive subject matter appropriately and accordingly
- Knowledge of the Internet, social media, and mobile apps
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and methodology (analytical) skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Strong telephone skills
- French is considered an asset
To learn more about Cybertip.ca, Project Arachnid and other initiatives related to the work of a Cybertip.ca Analyst, visit https://protectchildren.ca/en/programs-and-initiatives.
Interested in applying for this position?
Email your resume and a cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with C3P for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation related to any materials or activities used throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require reasonable accommodation at any time during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.
It is a condition of employment to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.