Careers: Part-Time Accounts Receivable Assistant
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection (Canadian Centre) is a national charity dedicated to the personal safety and protection of children. Our goal is to reduce the sexual abuse and exploitation of children, to assist in the location of missing children, and to prevent child victimization.
The Canadian Centre operates Cybertip.ca — Canada’s tipline for reporting child sexual abuse and exploitation on the internet — as well as other prevention and intervention programs and initiatives.
About This Position
The Canadian Centre is seeking a responsible, dedicated individual to join our team as a Part-Time Accounts Receivable Assistant.
The Accounts Receivable Assistant responsibilities include:
- Perform Accounts Receivable functions
- Prepare bank deposits
- Reconcile credit card transactions with in-house online orders/sales
- Track donations
- Issue charitable tax receipts and thank you letters
- Provide backup for Administrative Assistant, including: answering telephone, sorting mail, accepting deliveries
- Assist the Accounting Team with projects as required
- Proactively ensure strict adherence to internal control procedures throughout the organization
- Graduation from an applicable post-secondary program or extensive experience in lieu is required
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of accounting theories and practices
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains an asset
- Some level of French language proficiency or bilingualism an asset
Interested in applying for this position?
Please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com on or before February 12th, 2021.
Applicants may be considered for open positions with the Canadian Centre for a period of up to six months.
The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is committed to providing safe environments for children and adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks, including Criminal Record Checks and an extensive review process.